Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Firedrill!


There was a lot of noise in the library this morning. Some big men in blue suits came in and walked around. Then they played with a red box by the glass wall that opens until it started making an awful sound. It was even worse than when The Man comes in in the morning! But even before that, Mary had put me in the new fabric box that I travel in. I didn't like it in there and was saying so when Nancy said to put me out by the back door. Mary put me on top of something and left me there. I managed to slide off that stand down to the floor and then I kept rolling over and over. (Remember, I'm still in that fabric box!) Mary got worried (good!) that I might get hurt so she picked up my fabric box by it's handle and hung it off her shoulder. That way I was hanging next to her and it wasn't so bad. When the noise started, Mary took me outside. She said it was a firedrill. It was different out there. A lot brighter and there were different smells and sounds. When we came back inside, Mary opened the fabric box but I wouldn't come out. Nancy talked to me for awhile and then I followed her into another room. I had to take a nap after that and everyone gave me extra treats. Mmmh, maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

No comments: