Monday, October 20, 2008

Lazy Day Sundays

Sundays are usually my quite day. I get to sleep in whatever chair I choose without someone moving me. I can lick the cups and glasses my humans leave on the desks and shelves in my rooms and no one yells at me 'stop that'. I can spend hours sniffing the bag of sweet things that someone put on the desk trying to figurer out what's it is. But this week it was different.

First, the Man came in and opened the door to my room. He talked to me until I got up and went out into the big room. Then he went out through the moving glass wall and I watched him push leaves around. Mary came in about then and they started moving furniture. They fixed the big pots that brew that nice smelling stuff that they all like to drink in the morning. Mmm, that does smell good. (Nan lets me taste it when I want but it doesn't taste as good as it smells.) Then Mary made me go back into my room and she shut the door. I sat on top of the metal box and watched what was happening thru the glass wall. Suddenly, Mary turned around and came back into my room. I was so surprised I fell off the metal box! She was worried I might have gotten hurt so she followed me until she could pick me up and then she checked by legs. Of course, I wasn't hurt...but I didn't tell her that right away! I learned a long time ago you have to make your humans suffer a little to get treated right.

After that things really started happening. More humans came in and one of them started playing with the thing that those other humans play with on Saturdays...only this human was very good and the noise he made was very nice. That went on all afternoon. I got very comfortable and sleepy listening to him and before I knew it I was asleep. Mary and Lesley came into my room and said goodbye but I didn't even open my eyes. I really prefer my quiet Sundays but once in awhile, a day like yesterday is a good thing.

No comments: