Friday, February 1, 2008

Going to the Dogs

Things are going to the dogs around here. Everyone knows Lucky, my 'canine' friend that greets people by the new book shelf, and now there is another 'canine' sitting on the chair that rocks by the water machine. I don't know that one's name, it suddenly appeared there the other day. And today, another one walked in the front door! This one was alive and interested in me so I took off and Nan shut the door to my room so I could be safe. I watched it through the window as it walked around the library with its human and it seemed polite enough. Mary (of course, it would be her!) went over and talked to the human. She told me later that the dog was a German Shepard who was a Service Dog. That means, the dog lived with that human and helped her whenever she needed help. The dog's name is Kita and she is 2 1/2 years old. She's lived with that human since she was 11 weeks old and replaced another service dog who helped that human for 13 years. Mary told me the reason she didn't pet Kita or talk to her was because Kita was working and you're not suppose to when she's on the job. Kita looked very smart and was well behaved and her human told Mary that Kita lived with a cat and liked us. I don't know if I want to find out excatly how much she likes cats, besides if she comes here when she's working I shouldn't bother her, should I?

No comments: