Monday, February 25, 2008

A Different Kind of Day

One day last week started out very differently. All my humans came in to see me. (And I mean all 12 of them!) They stood around and talked and no one seemed ready to do any work. Then another human lady came in and went into the big room. She started setting up a machine and moving furniture. I hide behind some furniture and watched her. She seemed nice and I thought I could tell that she lived with one of my distant relatives. Nan came in and I went and sat with her. She told me that the other lady was Diane from Midyork (where's Midyork? Is that near 'home'?) Anyway, Nan introduced us and Diane told me how handsome and nice I was. She is very smart, I thought, but I couldn't understand what she was talking about so I left. The rest of the library was empty. No humans were there! It was very nice to be able to sit where ever I pleased without humans making sounds at me or trying to pet me or pick me up. Diane stayed for a long time and then all the humans started eating something. I went back to Nan to check that out and she showed me what they were eating. It was ok, but not what cats really prefer. After Diane left, another human lady came in and set out bowls of water for my humans. (That seemed weird. I never knew they liked their water in bowls.) They seemed to be having a good time playing with the water, putting sticks in the bowls and rubbing them on some balls leaving designs. And the main part of the library stayed empty! I kept checking on things making sure no one got in who wasn't suppose to. Finally, my humans had had enough fun playing with the water and the sticks and they cleaned up the big room. Most of them said good-bye to me and left. A few of them started to do work, and other humans came into the library. I had had enough excitment for one day so I climbed up to my cardboard bed and took a nap. I think my humans should have more days like that. I really enjoyed it!

No comments: