Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

There are more new smells in the library today. The humans have tables full of books, again, and another table has such sweet smells on it! I tried to investigate but as soon as I stepped near one of the great smelling round things, my humans yelled and that scared me. (Not that I'm a scaredy cat just a cautious one! And when The Man and Mary both yell at me at the same time, well, I just keep moving.) Now all those round things are gone except the one the humans are eating. I hope they remember me and offer a little bite.

My humans tell me I have over 1,000 votes in the Pet of the Year contest. That means a lot of people like me. Maybe all that 'meeting and greeting' they make me do is paying off. I am meeting a lot of nice ladies who tell me how handsome I am. Did I mention I'm meeting a lot of smart ladies?

If you've voted for me, I want to thank you again, and if you haven't voted yet, time is running out. All the votes have to be in by Fri., Nov. 30th. It takes a dime to vote and you can cast your votes here at the Library or by sending your donation to the Herkimer Evening Telegram. All the money they raise will go towards their Newspapers in Education program that gives free newspapers to schools and libraries for people to take home.

My humans are telling me I'll be on my own for 2 days (except The Man has promised to visit and clean my toilet) while they celebrate Thanksgiving. They're talking about eating turkey. I hope someone remember and brings in a couple of bites for me. I'm sure they will. Tamika and Nancy won't forget me. Ah, it will be nice to be able to sleep for as long as I want without someone waking me up. Now, that'll be thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sydney, you have to start coming out of your office so people can enjoy you. Many of us love cats. I know there's no mice in the library for you to catch, so don't be surprised if Santa Paws leave you a toy mouse.
Ho HO HO, have a merry Christmas Sydney.

syd said...

I enjoy my home, especially my cardboard box/bed high up on the humans' mailbox shelf. I can see thru the window and I know what's happening in the rest of the library. When things look interesting enough I come out and investigate, but that takes too much energy and I'd rather stay nice and comfortable and asleep up here above it all. Syd