Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pet of the Year

This Pet of the Year contest is starting to get to me. First of all, my humans are making me 'meet and greet' more. I'm a rather private, independent cat and I like the right to choose who I'll be friendly with. I realize I need to get out there with my public if I want to win this contest, but maybe it just isn't worth it. Yesterday I was forced to spend the day in the big room in the dark where no one could find me. That was the only way I could get a nap! Today, I'm sitting on the top of the computer under Nan's desk in the children's room. There's not too much space on top of a computer so it's not too comfortable for napping. My humans are upset coz they can't find me and I'm upset with them coz they keep looking for me!! I think I'll be happy when the contest ends on Friday.

I do want to thank everyone who has voted for me. I am really surprised that I've gotten so many votes! It is nice to know that humans like me and it feels good to know that I'm raising money for a good cause(Newspapers in Education). If I can't win, I hope that I can at least be in the top 13 and be a Pet of the Month for the humans who have supported me. If you haven't voted yet, time is running out! Send your votes ($.10 a vote) to the Herkimer Evening Telegram or stop in at the library before noon on Friday, Nov. 30.

Now I have to find a new spot for a nap. This computer top is starting to give me a pain in the neck.

No comments: