Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Travel


I've been watching humans go through the glass walls and wondering where they go. Most of them come back, some right away. Whenever I go anyplace, I'm stuffed into a dark cardboard box first. I always end up coming out of the box in a new place. Then after some pinching and poking I'm put back into the box and end up home again. Is that traveling? I don't think I care much for travel. It's uncomfortable, long and boring. And, sometimes, scary. It is exciting to get someplace new and some of the humans I meet are nice (the ladies, ususlly) but I'm glad to get back home. Mary's friend Wayne is traveling. To China, where ever that is. I wonder how long he's got to stay in his cardboard box? He wants us to get penpals for his class there. I'm not sure what penpals are. I know what pen tops are. They're fun to play with. Are penpals fun to play with, too? Mary's making a list of students who want to be email-penpals with students in China. If you'd like to be part of this, call Mary at the library (866-1733) or stop at the Circulation Desk and talk to her. Wayne still hasn't sent us any photos of cats in China. I wonder if he's sleeping? I always take a nap after traveling. Hmm, maybe I'll take one now.

No comments: