Friday, December 28, 2007

Another Quiet Day

This week has been very quiet. Not all my humans have come in to see me. Nan's been home sick. I miss her. We whisper in each others ears, sharing secrets, and she lets me ride on her shoulder. I really like hugging her. She has some of my distant relations at home, so I know she knows what a cat like me likes. I hope she feels better soon and comes back to me. It's not the same without her.
The other humans are ok. They take care of me but not like Nan. Mary cleaned my toilet one day this week, and boy, did she do a lousy job! It was obvious she didn't know what she was doing. I know she's a dog person coz there's always dog hair on her pant legs, but come on now, even a dog has to be cleaned up after! She tried to make it up to me by bringing me some turkey--which I ignored. (I ate it after she left--can't give in to these humans all the time!)
Another of my humans is trying to play a trick on me! She sounds and smells like Tamika but she doesn't look like her. The hair is all different! It makes her look so glamorous! As long as she still treats me the same she can get as fancy as she wants. (I do like the new way her hair smells.)
I think I'm going to be spending a quiet weekend. I keep hearing the humans say 'we're closed Monday and Tuesday.' That means The Man will come over and check on me. He pretends that I'm a nusiance but I think he really likes me. He lets me out and plays with me when no one else is around, and he gets me fresh water. We have 'guy time' together.
I've been hiding in the closet in the big room, but I think it's time to get comfortable and take a nap. Yeah, it's time.

No comments: